Reader, I've finished (forgive me, I couldn't help myself)!
Isn't it pretty? I had another collar--one in two pieces--that turned out a bit too small. I went to the flea market, and like magic, this pretty little scrap of delicate lace was waiting for me to scoop it up!
You can see in this picture that it doesn't quite meet in the back. I don't mind, though.
The pattern has been modified a bit in my finished dress. I raised the neckline about two inches all around, and changed the straight skirt to a semi-circle. Other than my changes, this dress has some neat details. I love the zippers on the sleeves, and the fun way they're pieced together! It adds some interest to what is a rather austere garment.
There is one little problem with this dress, though. The sleeves. As drafted, there was a ridiculous amount of ease in the sleeves. They were billowy and unflattering. So I rashly decided to take out some yardage. While the sleeves fit well and look good, they are a bit, um, restrictive. The fabric is wool (I suspect a blend, though), and has zero give whatsoever. As long as I don't try to reach for anything above shoulder height, it should be fine!